Monday, October 12, 2015

Quilting Path

One reader asked me to show the path I used to stitch this scallop border.  BTW...You are blogger no-reply so I cannot just email you the information.

This border is actually one of the more straight-forward and quick things on this quilt to stitch, oddly!  If you can follow my pictures, the path is pretty clear.
I stitch the arcs using 2 small (approx 3" and 3-1/2" circles) templates.  The tiny circles are free-handed.  There is a little bit of re-tracing here and there so you have to be especially careful with contrasting color thread.


 Now we start the lower stitching, going right to left.  The tiny circles are stitched as the V-point is passed.

Hopefully this helps.  I did mark the path with a chalk pencil prior to stitching so that I knew when lines were to appear in the foreground versus behind an arc.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing the stitching path. That is pretty creative.

sdrussell said...

I love the look of this. Thank you for taking the time to show how it was done. I study your quilts quite often and love when you show us how to do things step by step.

Doreen said...

Very clear and very nice!!! Definitely out of the ordinary and a perfect "fit"!!!!

Maggie said...

Thank you, thank you, Margaret!!!

Sorry about the "no reply" I took that option to mean anybody that had replies.

Maggie in Washington state